Tommy focuses on litigation. His experience includes leading legal teams and advising clients, commanders, and senior leaders in high-profile, high-pressure situations.
Previously, he served in the U.S. Air Force for 20 years (14 in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps), where his experience included:
- Serving as staff judge advocate (general counsel equivalent) for the 48th Fighter Wing in England. He supervised a 35-person legal office; oversaw the provision of legal services to 15,000 personnel, the drafting of 6,000 estate planning documents, and the preparation of 3,500 tax returns; and managed the pre-trial advice, prosecution, and appellate review of 50 felony and 270 misdemeanor cases.
- Serving as a Senior Counsel for the Air Force Space Command legal office in Colorado, where he managed the daily operations of a 15-person office and oversaw the delivery of 4,200 legal opinions to a four-star commander and headquarters staff, as well as the review of all administrative law issues for 10 legal offices around the country.
- Providing advice on criminal, contract, ethics, labor, environmental, civil, claims, military operations, rules of engagement, and international legal issues.
- Managing $300 million of systems and support contracts, delivering near real-time intelligence imagery worldwide.
- Leading a 30-person, multi-functional integrated team in acquisition strategy, analysis, and negotiations.
Tommy is a Florida native. He received his J.D., with honors, from the University of Texas School of Law and his B.S. in Economics from the U.S. Air Force Academy, where he graduated with Military Distinction.