Our health law attorneys assist healthcare providers with operational and regulatory matters, including professional licensing, compliance planning, Medicare/Medicaid issues and appeals, DEA issues, and provider contracting. We support physicians, medical groups, senior living facilities, ambulatory surgical centers, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospices, healthcare infrastructure companies, and medical information and technology companies.
Our healthcare practice encompasses health law, financing, real estate, litigation, labor and employment, regulation, licensure, and compliance. Our practitioners include a board certified health law specialist as well as an attorney with an MD and MBA who understand the industry and the interplay of day to day operations with legal requirements.
Our healthcare experience is reflected in the following representative matters:
- Provide counsel to the Sarasota Memorial Health Care System (a billion dollar entity employing over 3500 employees).
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar investment by a venture capital firm into a physician management and billing operation with back office support in India, and provided ongoing structuring, contracting and compliance advice.
- Provided licensing and acquisition counsel with regard to multi-million dollar transactions involving both sale and acquisition of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
- Handled sale of physician practices to hospitals, health systems, and physician organizations and repurchase from like entities.
- Serve as general counsel to one of the nation's largest 340B program providers which provides services to persons with HIV and STD diagnosis.
- Structured national anesthesia practice and serve as general counsel.
- Provided legal review of all managed care contracting for a hospital system.
- Ongoing representation of physician-hospital organizations including managed care contracting and anti-trust compliance.
- Ongoing representation of a multihospital pathology provider.
- Established concierge medicine practices including Medicare opt-out advice.
- Represented providers before state regulatory agencies, including Florida Department of Health, Florida Board of Medicine and Florida Board of Nursing.