John is a board certified health law attorney, who leads the firm's Healthcare practice.
He specializes in representing physicians, medical groups, ambulatory surgical centers, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and healthcare infrastructure companies. John has a large practice among hospital-based physicians, including emergency, anesthesia, and pathology practices. John also represents both domestic and international businesses and numerous not-for-profit entities.
John’s expertise is evidenced by his representative matters:
- Structured multistate anesthesia practice and provides ongoing contracting and compliance advice
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar investment by a venture capital firm into a physician management and billing operation with back office support in India, and provided ongoing structuring, contracting and compliance advice
- Provided legal review of all managed care contracting for a hospital system
- Representation of Physician-Hospital Organizations including managed care contracting and anti-trust compliance
- Representation of a multi-hospital pathology provider
- Provided licensing counsel with regard to of multi-million dollar transactions involving both sale and acquisition of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities
- Sale of physician practices to hospitals, health systems, and physician organizations and repurchase from like entities
- Established concierge medicine practices including Medicare opt-out advice
- Handled private placement and structuring of a pine nut processor in Siberia, Russia
- Provided fifty-state licensing advice and ongoing general counsel to a publicly traded stored value card company
- Provided multi-state charitable solicitations registration to a not-for-profit corporation raising funds in multiple states
John joined the firm upon graduating from law school in 1991 and became a shareholder in 1998. He serves as the firm’s hiring partner.